At Smile & Shine Dental Studio, Holly Springs, NC, tooth-colored composite fillings have replaced the metal amalgam fillings of the past. Dr. Hoogar utilize tooth-colored composite fillings that are both safe and aesthetically pleasing for ultimate oral health and self-confidence.
Tooth-colored fillings offer several advantages over traditional metal amalgam fillings:
- Virtually unnoticeable appearance — Tooth-colored fillings blend seamlessly into your existing teeth, offering a surface free from tooth decay or unnatural-looking metal fillings.
- No tooth discoloration — Unlike our composite fillings, metal fillings change the color of teeth over time to a dingy, grey tint.
- Safe for teeth — Tooth-colored composite fillings contain no potentially dangerous mercury and present no threat to your health.
- Increased dental strength — Because tooth-colored fillings are bonded directly to the tooth, they restore the strength of your existing teeth.
- Durable — Tooth-colored fillings are durable and long-lasting with proper oral care.